Provides opportunities to connect with like minded people providing unique opportunities to serve our local and international communities.
It helps personal growth and development by providing opportunities to develop and extend personal leadership skills and education. Motivating, influencing and leading others are all part of serving as a Rotarian. It was founded over 100 years ago on the principle of meeting regularly to enjoy and expand one’s circle of business and professional acquaintances and using them for the good of the community.
Pembroke Rotary Club is part of a world-wild organisation made up of 1.2 million Rotarians in 34,000 clubs in 200 countries. We make an impact through individual Rotarians working with their Clubs to solve challenges. Rotary’s accumulated resources are used to support major international programmes. Did you know that Rotary has contributed over a billion dollars to the ‘End Polio Now’campaign which is eradicating the scourge of polio. The symbol for the End Polio Now campaign is the purple crocus. To mark our Club’s on- going contribution to the campaign each year we plant purple crocus bulbs around our community.
Every Rotary club is an autonomous, self-run group and all our members share a commitment to our local community as well as contributing to Rotary International and the Rotary Foundation which fund the work of our members and partners around the world. As a Club we particularly support these two major initiatives:
All Rotarians respect the Objects of Rotary which encourage and foster the ideal of service as a basis of worthy enterprise. These are:
- The development of acquaintance as an opportunity for service.
- High ethical standards in business and professions, the recognition of the worthiness of all useful occupations and the dignifying of each Rotarian’s occupation as an opportunity to serve.
- The application of the ideal of service in each Rotarian’s personal, business and community life.
- The advancement of international understanding, goodwill and peace through a world fellowship of business and professional persons united in the ideal of service.
We apply the 4 Way Test to the way the Club operates and makes decisions.
- IS IT THE TRUTH
- IS IT FAIR TO ALL CONCERNED
- WILL IT BUILD GOOD WILL AND BETTER RELATIONSHIPS
- WILL IT BE BENEFICIAL TO ALL CONCERNED